• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

baby snails on glass & magnetic scrapers?

Just wondering if using a magnetic scraper would harm or kill off baby snails on the glass. I've got hundreds all over my glass and I don't want to harm any or as little as possible I guess.

Maybe scraping them off with a razor so they'd fall to the sand would work?

Ooooh, and I think I'm starting to see my first coraline growth on the glass now. :D little specs of purple started popping up here and there recently.

The baby snails i would just use the scraper they should fall right off at less that's what happens to mine i just go slow when it's about to hit them. congratz i remember getting my first spot of coraline it wont be long before the glass is covered in it :)

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just mow them down with the magnet, they usually just fall to the bottom.
Congrats on the coralline...you should be cursing it in no time!

Someone showed me that you could use those fake credit cards that the cc companies send you all the time ... great Idea and I'm sure the plastic won't hurt them.