• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ballast Problem

I have a Marristar 2X250 halide fixure powered by a Blue Wave Ballast. Last night when I turned it on, it would just shot off on its own after being lit for a few minutes. This morning, I get no response when I hit the switch. What has happened???? The ballast is about 3 years old. Can it be fixed????? No what for my sps tank????

Thanks mates......

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you're handy with electric, try bypassing the switch. I'm not familiar with this light. SPS will be alright for a few days without the light.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you need to borrow 250watt halides, I have 2 retros that you can borrow. You would need something to screw the reflectors to.

Called Sunlight Supply. Chris thinks its the on/off switch since I have no power whatsoever. He is sending me at a new one free of charge. What a prince and great customer service....

Thanks for the assist here folks......

mikem said:
If you need to borrow 250watt halides, I have 2 retros that you can borrow. You would need something to screw the reflectors to.

Thanks for the offer MIKEM. They will have to have T5s until the new switch arrives Thrusday.. Thanks though, appreciate it......