• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Base rock in SJ?

Does anyone know anywhere in south Jersey (Brooklawn,Camden area) that has some good base rock...I am looking to add some to my main display but I am planning on putting it in a tank in my basement with some LR out of my display (up and running for about 7 months now) to seed it...

I believe I used lace rock in mine. I don't know if I can help you find any though. I think I got it from Discount Aquarium on RT 73 in Mt. Laurel near the Marlton circle.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC has rock. BillyR has some and I have probably close to 100#. It isn't "base" rock, since it has come out of an established system, but it is only 2.50/# for members so well priced for established/cycled rock.

also...what would happen if I went to say AC in Blackwood and picked up some nice 'holy' rock out of one of their bins, the bins next to the drygoods section. If I put that in my tank in addition to my established LR I wouldnt have a cycle would I?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
He's not around tonight, but I'm sure he'll answer tomorrow.

I only have a 38gallon tank..and already have about 50lbs of LR in it...but with the new 38 I am setting up (drilled for overflows and such) I want to do rock on either side and leave the middle open...I just think I might need more rock than what I have right now...it would be great if I could just get about 20lbs more or so...you guys/gals are lifesavers