• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Begining my 72 Bow setup

My algea infested liverock has finally cleared up after being in a back tub for 3 weeks (heated and circulated). So I'm begining to setup my 72 Gallow Bow.

Forgive the photo quality I didn't really setup I took them while working

1.jpg

Here's some of the liverock after being brushed

2.jpg

Here's my current skimmer working hard

3.jpg

The reason this is even working is because I had this skimmer sit for three weeks and all its crud dried up. This is a prizm pro and they are very hard to get to work I guess they work when they are filthy.... go figure!

4.jpg

Half of the rock shown is actually dried rock, I'm waiting for my 55# from the group buy!

7.jpg

Again the lack of the aquascaping is because I'm wainting for the additional rock

5.jpg

Picture of the sump, I like to thanks reefDrumz for the Macro he gave me, he was very generous and super friendly (except for his crazy little pug!!! LOL kidding of course)

6.jpg

It kinda looks too crowded because I have to bins full of media from my previous filter. I will be removing those bins to make more room for the macro.

looking good, nice start, now here go the 10000 questions, what kind of corals you want to keep??, what skimmer and lighting you going to use???
like i said nice start

Gabriel

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Are you planning on curing the new LR in the tank or do you have something else set up for that?

BTW, You may need a bigger skimmer!

Curing about 170# in a 150g
Thats one day with the skimmer opened all the way for dry skimming.
75714AquaScape_001.jpg

Even the filter socks were skimming.  :eek:

That tank has the potential to be aw-some, I look forward to following its progress, when ready, I volunteer some frags to help start it off.
Greg

wow thats really nice! thanks.

I'm getting 60# of LR and it will be curing in my basement for 3 weeks before I added to the tank. Once thats done I'll let you know.

Thanks Whitebird

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad you were happy with the macro....like I said, anytime you need any, just ask!

Tank looks good so far... Good Luck!