• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Berghia Nudibanch

DYIguy

NJRC Member
They only eat aptasia and I looked into breeding them which seems relatively easy- a couple of 10 gal tanks- seems like it could be a good business for someone who has a local demand

erics210

NJRC Member
They eat the aiptasia waaaay quicker than you think. You need a huge supply!
I had a monster infestation when I started out in 2016.
I had hundreds at one point. And as soon as the numbers increased, the aiptasia disappeared.

I guess a good way to attack it is to have another huge tank with aiptasia, and several small holding tanks with limited aiptasia.

Use a main tank with aiptasia. Use that as the main breeding ground. Then after a few weeks you need to start catching them from that main tank and putting them into those small holding tanks to sell quickly.

Then, you can slowly add more aiptasia rock to the main tank and try and keep them going.

Problem is, after a few whirls of eggs hatch there will be many of them all at one time. You will need to catch as many as possible and thin them out, or they will clear the tank.

Possibly a way to do it. I would suggest getting lots and lots and lots of aiptasia and piss it off and get it to spread everywhere before you attempt.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I purchased a large batch of nudis. I put some in different tanks.
the nudis are really small and really hard for me to handle and move.
They also eat more than you can produce. So in the end they will die.

erics210

NJRC Member
I would search for em at night, use a turkey baster type to suck em up.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
The piece I read made me think that if you took 2 tanks ( 10g+) and put pieces of dry rock in each and let the aptasia take over in both for a while, then added the nudis to one let the aptasia continue to multiply in the other and replace the pieces of rock that were eaten with fresh ones you could get them to breed and multiply

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Where did you get them from? I have a buddy looking for some.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Where did you get them from? I have a buddy looking for some.

salty underground. They are always sold out. I emailed them and they let me know when they became available. They go fast

In my experience they weren't worth it. I put over 30 into a 75 gallon and never saw them again. Aptasia only disappeared after getting a copperband

Nudis are definitely taking care of the aptasia, although I don’t see any at anytime. I also have 2 peppermint shrimp but it’s hard for me to think 2 peppermint shrimp would eat some many.

erics210

NJRC Member
I tried keeping them going when I was clearing my aiptasia back in 2016.
Sadly, once the eggs hatched, they Ate all the aiptasia I had super fast. You need a lot of aiptasia. If anyone wanted to try breeding them for any extended time, I would suggest getting a lots and lots of aiptasia before making the attempt.
They breed and hatch way quicker than aiptasia reproduce

I need some of these desperately but i can't find them anywhere. The only store that sells them in NJ is absolutely fish but at $25 a pop i don't think it's worth it

Iconic has at 20.
Aptasia could kill a $$$ sps Frag if not seen on time. I’ve been there thanks God I looked and noticed the aptasia early enough.

Salted

NJRC Member
Here for the nudis. Wrong thread?

In my experience they weren't worth it. I put over 30 into a 75 gallon and never saw them again. Aptasia only disappeared after getting a copperband

The only thing my CBB made disappear was my wifes hawaiian pink feather duster, which I also liked :(. Still love it though. It would have to f-up something bad to make me want to get rid of it.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I need some of these desperately but i can't find them anywhere. The only store that sells them in NJ is absolutely fish but at $25 a pop i don't think it's worth it
I need some also. If you find some online I’ll split the shipping with you