• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best Kalkwasser??

What is the best brand of kalkwasser you recommend?? pH is low in our frag tank plus want to start maintaining alk and calc through slow doses.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I use the seachem kalk. I get it from Amazon
This bucket last me about a year.

Attachments

• D6AF7F28-FFAB-4993-BB49-E620EBA574BB.png
    D6AF7F28-FFAB-4993-BB49-E620EBA574BB.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There is no "best.". Kalkwasser, aka limewater, aka pickling lime are all the same, and are calcium hydroxide. Calcium Hydroxide is Calcium Hydroxide. I've used both Kent and Mrs. Wages and prefer Mrs. Wages because its less expensive and I can buy locally at the grocery store/Wal-Mart.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
There is no "best.". Kalkwasser, aka limewater, aka pickling lime are all the same, and are calcium hydroxide. Calcium Hydroxide is Calcium Hydroxide. I've used both Kent and Mrs. Wages and prefer Mrs. Wages because its less expensive and I can buy locally at the grocery store/Wal-Mart.
I also have been using Mrs, Wages from the start. Works perfectly and you can get it in wall mart cheap.