• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

blue palm coral

Anyone keep blue palm coral's? Just wondering if they are easy to keep, I would like to get some but haven't seen any and can't find much info on them. I found a web sight that has them and the price isn't too bad but I would like to get some input before buying them.

Any one have frag's? Here's a pic of one

bluetunacate.jpg

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I saw the response from Nagle. He knows his stuff. He has a book shelf full of books to back it up. He's also very hip on the softies.

Here's the reply I got from Nagel & panmanmatt

Nagel: Thats colonial tunicates, not a coral..

And it doesn't do too well in tanks (needs lots of microfoods).

Also, limpets LOVE to eat it, so be warned....

panmanmatt: Tom, as Nagel said, they are tunicates not a coral. A friend of mine that has been keeping salt for 5 years or so got some from Live Aquaria last year. They lasted about 2 months before dying off.

IMHO I wouldn't try it. Not a good survival rate from what I've heard. I haven't tried them first hand and don't plan on it until I get more experience under my belt.

Also I have been told they do not ship well.

OH Well :-\

I saw one last week at Absolutely Fish. I'm not entirely sure but I thought that it was selling for $200 plus. I do have to admit that it was a very cool looking coral.