• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bodianus sepiacaudus (candy cane hogfish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a peppermint candy cane hogfish ( Bodianus sepiacaudus) and has been a model citizen no issues at all. However before buying him I did not have any plans on buying any wrasses until I saw a male golden rhomboids so I bought him from LADD and hes is in my qt. Now I need to get the cc hog out of my DT. Mixed results on how these two would work out but I am not sure if I am willing to take any chances.

I did just put him up for sale over at RC njreefers club subforum (user crimson) but I may give him away free if he goes to a good home (60+gallon tank). I paid $90 for him at a LFS but more importantly I would like to see go to a good home.

Pictures can be found on rc since I can't post anything with a URL or IMG using photobucket.

My zip is 08053.

PM me either here or rc if you interested.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Why do you think it and the rhomboid are going to have problems? Two different species and the rhomboid is relatively peaceful.

People report that while the hog starts out peaceful it can become aggressive towards a wrasse. Check out my rhomboid post I made on rc under reef fishes. Someone posted links that gave me concern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.