• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

brs dosing

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
brs.png this is what i have . it is now discontinued , but have a lot....
calc on Aquarium & Reef Calculators does not show the two part anymore .
Just confused . On alk , calcium and mag are all mixed up in water.....calc shows in drop down in calc for liquid or dry soda ash . Both have different .oz amounts .What one should i use . I need to increase alk .

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The sodium bicarbonate should be all you need to add to bump up the Alk. What number are you shooting for?

You can also change salt mixes to keep that magic number higher

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
At. 5.1 going for 8.5 but I have lots of bed soda ash/to be mixed with water.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
That’s steep, are your corals dying? If not I’d re-check your test kits

You’ll need to add small amounts daily to bump it back up. All at once will shock the livestock

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Some slow deaths. Torch a plate

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

erics210

NJRC Member
Just raise the Alk slowly - maybe 1 point every few days.

JUST finally started dosing. Calcium was at 500, Magnesium at 1500, and ALK at 7. Thought I was gonna be dosing everything, but turns out just sodium bicarbonate/soda ask as of now. Gonna keep testing and see where we end up.

If Calcium dips a little to 450 and Magnesium comes down a bit and can raise the alk a hair I will try and maintain that.