• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bubble algae acclimating???

So I bought a frag and while acclimating I noticed there was bubble algae around it. I don't want to add it to my tank. Need some help quick

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Just pull it off with your fingers. They are alot firmer than they appear

put it on a clean plug or rumble rock.you don't want bubble algae in your tank.
So the algae was touching one of the 2 heads of the mushroom so I cut it to the point only the head not touching it was left and the foot was on a small piece of rock. Dipped it in hydrogen peroxide for 5 minutes. Cut a piece of a frag and put it on there. Hopefully that got rid of it. I'm crossing my fingers.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I would have scraped it off, and used a toothbrush to lightly clean the plug with h202 before I put it in.

I would have scraped it off, and used a toothbrush to lightly clean the plug with h202 before I put it in.
I just cut the ok piece off. While dipping I had a 4 bristle worms come out and some small red dots and it looked like there was possible vermetid snails so I didn't wanna risk it. It was pretty gross

Attachments

• 20200515_175418.jpg
    20200515_175418.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 4