• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

bulk gfo from ebay, your opinion?

I ran across a seller "reef chili" or "bulk reef supply" that is selling GFO on the cheap. Now when I think about it if a manufacturer keeps the extras out any GFO should be just fine. However,..... that is why I buy name brand GFO. Carbon is touchy I buy phosphate free name brand carbon for my fresh water tanks because cheep carbon contains phosphate.

So.........What are your thoughts on cheap GFO in the reef?

that seller is a guy from bulkreefsupply.com i just ordered reef chili from them not long ago.. ebay name and website are one in the same

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Two of our sponsors; TB Aquatics and Get Tanked deal with bulk products. You should give them a look as well.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I will check out the sponsors as well. I have been buying the 150 gram size at my LFS and the prices have gone up again. It would be way cheaper to by a gallons worth and be set for a year or more.