• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calling All Glass Tank Drillers

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
I am in the process of setting up my new 180 gallon system and will need some drilling help. I will need to drill a 40 gal breeder sump and a 20 gal high fuge. Anyone out there have the drilling gear? I would be happy to travel to your location bearing gifts of frags, frankincense and beer (though I am not sure what franincense is!!).

Any takers.

Let me know.

Herb

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Herb - I'm in Cape May, I just got one of those mini drill press the other day. It's the same one you see the guys drilling tanks with. I posted a link to a glass drilling video somewhere on the this site. Anyway, if you can't find someone closer, your welcome to come down here and we'll give it a shot if you want. You'll need to get the diamond hole saw bit. A lot of reefers get them here. I'll pass on the frankincense and I usually have my own beer. Frags on the other hand are always welcome. LMK

FYI, I have "cut" holes in glass before but with a dermal and diamond point bit. Their not pretty but they get the job done.