• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

can't find what my old bulbs are

ryanpal

NJRC Member
hey guys.

i posted on RC but haven't had much luck. i have the original bulbs that came with my system. i believe one replacement in the past had some writing on it..however none of these other bulbs do. i can't find ANYTHING at all. no wattage, no 10k 15k, model or anything. is there anyway to identify these bulbs?

thanks
ryan

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do they look deep purple? Pale purple? White? Are they VHOs? T5s? MHs? Give us a little more info and an idea of the color spectrum. The fixture brand, who you bought it from and if it was new then or not may also help narrow it down.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
they are single ended halides. they put out white light. the ballasts are "energy savers unlimited inc" which the 2nd box doesn't have a label on. so i dont even know what model etc. this is. i can't open the box because it has rivets or something. i purchased from craigslist a year ago.

not sure that will help narrowing it down. i have the bulbs in front of me but there's no markings. im confused as to why there's nothing on them at all.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How long are they? That will tell us what the watts are.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The glass part of a 250w bulb is 8" (not including the mogul) and the bulb measures 6" circumference. Any smaller than that and you'll have to have someone measure a 175. I can hardly stand 10Ks. I much prefer a 12K bulb.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
ok so it's a 175w. the next question is determining the K rating. any way to do this? i was under the impression they were 10k but i'm not sure.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
10 is a fairly white light. When it looks like it has a hint of blue, it is probably 12k. I would say if it was pretty white in spectrum it was a 10K.