• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Carpet Anenome

I was thinking of getting a carpet nem IF it will stay on the sand. Does anyone know if they would climb up on the rocks or do you think it will stay down at the bottom. Also would a maroon clown go in it? I had an RBTA that the clown went in but I got rid of the RBTA.

Thanks,
Ken

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
from past experience they tend to stay low,but also from past experience they seem to be really good sushi chef's when it comes to tank mates.

ken6217 said:
Nice. Now I can finally get rid of that maroon clown.
Ken

WOW! He still is not gone? I may have to give it another shot after my practice with mine and others. I have been doing good with getting fish out of tanks. Did you add the other clowns?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ken,
I have a soda bottle trap if you want to try it. If you ever get it out LMK; I'm still looking to mate the one I have. I caught every fish in my tank with it, except the one I wanted. Eventually used 2 nets and caught it.

Mark

Lol. I adore carpet anemones! Especially the green carpets!

Just.... a word to the wise.... avoid the Caribbean brown carpet. I got stung on my fingers once by one, but it wasn't too bad, leaving just a bit of redness and some irritation on my knuckles where I brushed against it. Danny, however, had the misfortune to get stung on the inside of his arm on the soft part of his flesh. The sting looked like another anemone was hanging onto Danny's arm once all the blisters started coming up on his skin! Of course, being an 18-25 year old guy, he had to go around to everyone and show off how gross and weird. The brown carpets are ugly, don't generally host, and pack a decent punch sting-wise.

Yes, the SOB is still in the tank. You know what she did the other day? I put a rock with some shrooms around the area she hangs out and she went from behind and knocked the rock onto the bottom of the tank. I then put it elsewhere and she did it again. Yesterday I bought another piece and she did it again..

I WANT THIS FISH OUT OF MY TANK. Anyone got the credentials???? I will pay you. Don't think you are going to net her or some other amateurish idea. She is as smart as my black lab.

Sam, the pair of Clarkii's are still in my sump. They eat out of my hand. I really want to release these two from prison and out them in my tank.

Seriously, if someone can get this fish out, you may be able to name your price.
Ken

ken6217 said:
Yes, the SOB is still in the tank. You know what she did the other day? I put a rock with some shrooms around the area she hangs out and she went from behind and knocked the rock onto the bottom of the tank. I then put it elsewhere and she did it again. Yesterday I bought another piece and she did it again..

I WANT THIS FISH OUT OF MY TANK. Anyone got the credentials???? I will pay you. Don't think you are going to net her or some other amateurish idea. She is as smart as my black lab.

Sam, the pair of Clarkii's are still in my sump. They eat out of my hand. I really want to release these two from prison and out them in my tank.

Seriously, if someone can get this fish out, you may be able to name your price.
Ken

I will make another go at it for just a couple slices of pizza........ I have been getting really good luck with fish removal latley. Let me know........

Arvind said:
jazzsam said:
I always heard that carets are fish eaters! (Not sure if it is true though, never tried myself)

Yes, they are. I have witnessed it.

Yea me too. My green carpet had my coral angel half way in when I grabbed it and pulled it back out! My Clarkii's live in it. My large clarkii will actually try and borrow in the mouth. Do carpets not like the taste of Clowns? Go figure.

Carlo

PS Mine hasn't moved from it's spot on the sand wedged against a rock in the front/center of my tank where I put it about 5 months ago.

jazzsam said:
ken6217 said:

Ken

I will make another go at it for just a couple slices of pizza........ I have been getting really good luck with fish removal latley. Let me know........

Sam, you get it out and it is Ruth Chris steak instead of Pizza.
Ken

ken6217 said:
jazzsam said:
ken6217 said:

Ken

Ken

Nice! That is my favorite steak house. I have been to a few and love them all. You just let me know what day works best for you and I will give you a hand. This week is busy for me but you let me know any day starting with the following week and I will have him out of that tank for you!

jazzsam said:
ken6217 said:
jazzsam said:
ken6217 said:

Ken

Ken

Nice! That is my favorite steak house. I have been to a few and love them all. You just let me know what day works best for you and I will give you a hand. This week is busy for me but you let me know any day starting with the following week and I will have him out of that tank for you!

OK, let me know when you're ready. Make sure you hone your techniques. You need to bring your "A" game though.
Ken

By the way, does anyone know if a piece of shrimp in a mouse trap is as effective in water as out?

ken6217 said:
OK, let me know when you're ready. Make sure you hone your techniques. You need to bring your "A" game though.
Ken

By the way, does anyone know if a piece of shrimp in a mouse trap is as effective in water as out?

Tuesday night, Friday night, Next Saturday night or Sunday. Let me know what works for you and I will have that fish out of your tank!