• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Changing sump design messed up my water change method

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I'm sure you guys saw I changed my sump around (same size sump just went from hoses to PVC; also added a manifold for my reactor. I also changed my overflow to hold more water.

I had my tank mark for my water change with electric tape. This worked out perfectly with my old setup but today I noticed, after turning everything on' that my skimmer was going nuts. I took a look and my water level in my sump is way too high.

Now I am going have to fix the water level, remark my tank but I am also going to mark my sump so I can tell if I'm over before turning equipment on.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just think of it as a new project, and make it fun, the more toys I get the more I try and change things up to keep it interesting and keep my life easy. Right now I'm probably going to make a 40g Kalk container that should last me a few months instead of the gallon bottles that last me two days.