• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

chiller problem

help...my aquamedic 1500 got water in the controler, now its readings arent right and i dont know if its accurate, anyone know where i can get this thing looked at or somone that can come take a look at it?ussually my tank drops to 24.9 at night and rises to 26.8 during light on period, it has read 27,6 all night and constantly runs, although the temp in my tank has stayed at 80 degrees all night, any ideas?

Re: The fantasy is over Custom 175 Atlantic City

i fixed the darn thing, i cant believe it, i took the whole front apart where the control unit is and found a melted wire, fixed the wire and the compressor kicked on, i cant believe it, i couldnt afford another chiller, i was begining to worry

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Re: The fantasy is over Custom 175 Atlantic City

waynes reef said:
i fixed the darn thing, i cant believe it, i took the whole front apart where the control unit is and found a melted wire, fixed the wire and the compressor kicked on, i cant believe it, i couldnt afford another chiller, i was begining to worry
Wayne

I'd want to know why that wire melted in the first place. There had to be a short. Did the hot wire touch a ground? If not you may have bigger problems then you think. Good luck

Bob

i think it was a result from spilling water in it, i would think something like this would be resilient to water, but whatever happened it worked great till that moment, i had to blow dry the circuit boards at first to get the display to work, the wire that fried was the nuetral to the motor, i guess it got hit with a overload or something