• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cleaning your tank...wall...sump..etc...

My glass sump doesn't sit under my tank in the stand and my tank doesn't have a hood.

About half my sump's glass and the wall behind it constantly builds up salt. The salt on the glass is noticeable and the salt on the wall only if you slide your fingers along the wall. Am I damaging my wall by only cleaning it weekly as currently, you can't see the salt due to the color of the wall. Is leaving the salt deposit there for a week or more bad?

I know some people here are meticulous when it comes to cleaning...so I was curious as to what methods people use to keep the HOB overflow bubbles in the sump down, methods of cleaning and with what, etc...

You are definitively going to damage the wall. I did damage mine in the dining room long time ago, and every time we have a nice dinner, or want to invite guests for dinner, my wife is so nice to remind me of that fact. :mad:

What happens is that salt creeps inside the drywall panel, builds small deposits inside the cardboard part of the drywall, and layers of paint, so the whole surface starts bulging. Really ugly :(