• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coralife Aqualight Fixtures

I have the legs, but to be honest I never used them. My light sits right into my canopy. However, I can try and measure them for you. Kind of late to do it tonight though, so I'll post it up tomorrow.

Umm, nevermind, was just thinking about it some more. The legs really don't stick out to the side. They fit into a track on the fixture and you adjust them so that they just rest on the edge of your tank. There is a little overhang, about 1/8", on the leg itself to prevent the fixture from sliding off. If you have a tight fitting canopy on the tank then you will probably have trouble using the legs, however, if you have an open top or a little space between the side edge of the tank and the canopy then they should work fine.

I use the Coralife 24" Lunarlight series. has 2 65 watt PCs <comes stock with 1 10k and 1 antinic> and 2 moonlights. I do have the mounting legs on it. They keep the unit roughly 3" off the surface of the water and they are adjustable in width to fit the ledge of your tank. Basicly it works like track lighting. On the front and back of the fixture are tracks that the legs fit on and you tighten a screw to lock them into place. I absolutely LOVE this lighting solution on my 15gal. nano. I have already melted one small patch of zenia :eek: and have a brown/green tip acro growing very nicely under it. ;D

Hey Twater, you're not the first person that I heard of doing that. I cant see the pros of letting it sit on the tank. I have the 72" 250W and I use it with the legs with no glass on top of the tank. It still fits under the canopy.