• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coralline algae scraper

Does anyone know of a good method of scraping coralline algae off the glass without having to get your hand in the tank? I decided to finally clean the front and sides of my 90 gal sps tank yesterday, and my hands were breaking off some of the corals. Even the Kent scrapers with long handles are not good for all areas.

I thought I read somewhere in the forums a while ago that someone came up with an attachment for a Mag Float where you can put a single edge razor blade on to it. If anyone has an suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Those are the best. RichT makes them, but hasn't in a while.

Thanks for all of the replies. Phyl, it does not look like it is in stock at the the link you gave. Are there any more sponsors selling this before I go to Ebay?

Thanks,
Ken

I just bought it now. When I went there before it said I had to buy two. I tried and it said not enough stock. I then tried to get one and it said I had to buy two. I was going to see if i could get the whose on first tape instead.

Thanks,
Ken

ken6217 said:
I just bought it now. When I went there before it said I had to buy two. I tried and it said not enough stock. I then tried to get one and it said I had to buy two. I was going to see if i could get the whose on first tape instead.

Thanks,
Ken

You're right, I had the same issue when I tried to buy one a couple of days ago. I was probably just a gliche in the matrix.