• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CoralVue Hydros

Ok all you smart/advanced reefers...

How does this new product compare with Apex? I’ve always been a manual builder but am trending towards automation. There’s a lot of talk about how this is a game changer in automation. But since I have nothing to compare it to, I have no idea if that’s truth or marketing.

They’re advertising “no coding.” Does the Apex require coding? It looks like a great (yet expensive) product but looks like it lacks presentation polish. I’ve read that some of the modules are rather not worth it.

I guess in the end, would those of you using automation think it a good idea to start with the Hydros considering I have no attachment to Apex or do you feel that the Apex still has more features to offer?

Thanx!

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I was looking forward to this product to be released. I have to say the apex no longer need to be configured the “task” function works really well and it’s easy to add new equipment.

For me I am already a heavy apex user and I am part of that eco system so I can’t really change at this point.

I personally do not trust coral vue products. I find they make really cheap products. Their support is horrible compare to the competition.

Some one posted that the new power strips from coralvue are the same build and construction as the amazon $30 power strips.

I was looking forward to this product to be released. I have to say the apex no longer need to be configured the “task” function works really well and it’s easy to add new equipment.

For me I am already a heavy apex user and I am part of that eco system so I can’t really change at this point.

I personally do not trust coral vue products. I find they make really cheap products. Their support is horrible compare to the competition.

Some one posted that the new power strips from coralvue are the same build and construction as the amazon $30 power strips.
Correction on that, the power strips can be found in Alibaba for $12. It's insane.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
coding for Apex is basically copy and paste. there's not much to it. and every "code" is already posted online. I myself have always used an apex. I had the Jr before and now the full kit. whats funny is i had a profilux controller years ago and sold it.. smh.. bad move but you live and you learn.

Right. I just don’t want to go in a direction that I regret. Automation is awesome, and expensive. I want to make sure I’m buying into current technology.