• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cracked Sump

Could not be more aggravated right now. In the midst of setting up my 20H after putting everything in buckets to move to my apt. While screwing in an elbow to the bulkhead on my sump, I cracked it. Anyone out there got a 5.5g I could borrow while I get a new one and silicone baffles into it? Doesn't have to be a 5.5g, but needs to fit under the stand so I'm not sure what else would fit in there besides a 5.5. Inside of stand is 22.5"x 10.5", butdoor on the stand is 12"x20".

Also, anybody got any ideas for a quick fix? I have a 20L sitting around. I could just place that on the floor and run that until I can get glass cut and make a new sump, right? I'm just looking for any kind of help, I'm panicking a bit here.

What about some kind of bucket if its just temporary? Or a 10g?

Bucket would work I guess. Any tank would work really, I just gotta make sure the drain and return can reach to a sump that will have to be outside the stand for now. I just need some kind of sump because that's where all the LR was supposed to be as I completely re-scaped the rock work in the display.

Well if its gonna be outside of the stand temporarily, just get any tank or Rubbermaid container and you'll be good

I have a bunch of Rubbermaid storage containers that I used when I was swapping tanks. If you want one. You can have it, not sure how far you are from Blackwood, 08012 tho.

Well if its gonna be outside of the stand temporarily, just get any tank or Rubbermaid container and you'll be good

It'll have to be outside the stand because pretty much nothing larger than a 5.5g fits through the door on the stand. I'm thinking a bucket may be the best solution for now since I wouldn't have to go get anything to make that work and the less time my poor fish is sitting in a bucket waiting to be rehomed, the better. UGH!! Just really annoyed by this. Last thing I needed right now.

It'll have to be outside the stand because pretty much nothing larger than a 5.5g fits through the door on the stand. I'm thinking a bucket may be the best solution for now since I wouldn't have to go get anything to make that work and the less time my poor fish is sitting in a bucket waiting to be rehomed, the better. UGH!! Just really annoyed by this. Last thing I needed right now.
Well hopefully everything turns out okay for you!

Thanks. While I got a thread going here: Which silicones are aquarium safe? I forget which one I had used on my sump when I made it last year.
When I siliconed baffles into my sump, I used Aqueon silicone, works great. Lil pricey but its worth it I think.

When I siliconed baffles into my sump, I used Aqueon silicone, works great. Lil pricey but its worth it I think.

This something I can find at HD or Lowes? I luckily have today and tomorrow completely free, so I'm going to try to get the sump done tonight so I can put it to use by tomorrow.

This something I can find at HD or Lowes? I luckily have today and tomorrow completely free, so I'm going to try to get the sump done tonight so I can put it to use by tomorrow.

I don't know what brand is safe to use i just know to make sure you give it PLENTY of time to cure and dry. you don't want to rush and get it done tonight and put it into use tomorrow and poison the tank.

I don't know what brand is safe to use i just know to make sure you give it PLENTY of time to cure and dry. you don't want to rush and get it done tonight and put it into use tomorrow and poison the tank.

What's the standard cure time for most silicones? I thought I recall the tube I used last time saying something like 24-48 hours.

I used the same and worked great

I need something that I can purchase locally though and the only place I've seen this is on Amazon. Online ordering is not an option as I need to have the sump completed tonight so I can use it as quickly as possible.