• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CUC/ Inverts

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Putting together an order, some questions- Fire/blood shrimp- are they only active at night? Do Harlequin shrimp only eat starfish- Is a pencil urchin ok for a 40g, small conches are ok I would think- limpets are good I also would think- has anyone bought Tongan nassarrius- are they any better than the regular variety- any recommendations for a 40- would like hair algae eaters and sand/ substrate cleaners

Last edited:
Not sure with other people but for me my fire shrimp spends 95% of its time hiding or in the back of the rocks.

Yes harlequin shrimps only eat starfish. I buy 1 big one for about $10-$12 once a month from Petco to feed mine.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not sure with other people but for me my fire shrimp spends 95% of its time hiding or in the back of the rocks.

Yes harlequin shrimps only eat starfish. I buy 1 big one for about $10-$12 once a month from Petco to feed mine.
Agree 100%. Mine hides all the time, sometimes see it during feeding.