• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

D&D, Players, DMs, Vidiographers, Computer Skills, etc...

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, my kid has gotten into Dungeons and Dragons.
He's 10.
I've been playing D&D on and off since I was 15 (back in the demon possesion scare along with Ozzy music).
The kids today are NUTS for it. My son decided to try to start a group and he's got a score of kids interested in days.
So, I'm sure these 10 year olds are doing things on the cuff in regards to how to play, my son confirms they don't understand the rules, but LOVE the game (???).
We decided to make a you tube program focused on kids from 8-12 who are getting into D&D as it might be fun and worthwhile.
Will be a weekly episodic: 1. What it is 2: What you need 3: How to play 4: Rolling characters and details etc...
We have a few sponers already, not money, but goods in exchange for reviews. Simple stuff - dice towers, dice sets, play mats, figures, etc... which we'll feature in the initial episodes.
We also have a space called "The Keep', in Brick, a comic and gaming shop that has a 'dungeon room' they'll let us film in in exchange for a sponsorship ad (we can't film there on weekend nights after 10 for some reason).
So...
Anyone here want in at all? Who knows where it goes?
Theres no online site for kid intro to D&D and its going ballistic atm.
We could use photographers (or someone to hold a camera), sound/vid mixers, stand ins, players...
We can do it all as we are, but any additional help appreciated, and if the channel takes off theres a stake in the buckage generation.
Not heavy work, aim a camera randomly at people talking, basic video editing, basic or non-existant acting, basic publication. Can handle most but would be nice to have a hand.
Learn as we go situation.
No cost, but no pay, but if it takes off, you're in for a cut of the millions that will roll in, or, at least, a ticket for a free car detailing (which, if it doesn't take off, will be me in my driveway with spit on a hankie).

Last edited:

erics210

NJRC Member
My brother was our D.M. and will remain a D.M. had all the original books and modules. I still have my character sheet for Crow. I think I loosely picked the character because of the Badass character on Buck Rodgers in the 25th century...Hawk. my brother lives that live. Was a Ren Faire actor in PA for years.
If you have any questions...he probably can answer from experience. He probably has enough full sets of dice for everyone in the club, and pewter figurines for each as well...hahaha

Good Luck with it. Sounds like lots of fun.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Man, have played in years. Used to NYC to some store, forget the name, to buy all my D&D supplies. I was a DM and made my own dungeon. Also played as a character in other campaigns.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Eric, HA!
I still have my 2E books and we got tons of materials for D&D, just lacking on making a video channel experience.
Used to do Ren stuff many moons back, was in the show at Medieval times, I was slaughtered nightly, and hit one or two Pennsigs in my time (House Timberwolf).
The fact that you mentioned Hawk is insane, hadn't thought of that in years and now, remembering he had like a feather toupee, rofl, gotta go to youtube tonight, thanks.
Biddy biddy Buck.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
OK, this post was worth it as now I'm into the Hawk thing.
Had forgotten about that character and, in looking him up to refresh myself, realized he is the inspiration for Birdperson in Rick and Morty.

buck_rogers_in_the_25th_century.hawk-3114101031.jpeglatest-1481129555.png