• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dangerdave’s reef

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Well not exactly my tank, but one of my boys is building his first in a series of frag tanks for his new aquaculture business. I’m pretty stoked for him!

It’s 4x8 @ 16 inches water depth. Should hold about 320 gallons with a 150 gallon sump. it’s perfect timing as it seems my display tank needs to be resealed. Well I hope that’s all it need lol.

IMG_9879.jpeg

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
What in the rainbow monti is going on in there ????

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Those are some huge montis. Very well done

Thank you, but in all fairness any credit belongs to my son. Everything in that display recovered from small to tiny pieces left after our first winter in Florida in 2022. I don't know what I was thinking, but I was thought that I could monitor remotely and have my son do certain tasks when needed. I was way off. Lost two five gallon buckets of coral. When I got back in May i got it stabilized, and spent the summer explaining to him how everything works. He's done a great job since then.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
And you created the next generation of reefer. Our town a few years ago switched something in our water and killed off all of our monti's, I actually corroborated this with another local reefer. Nothing else was harmed, just all of our montis died. They are coming back now as a few polyps survived so I understand.