• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Death in the tank

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
General Pompom Sir Swipy McAnemonones Zeppoli Arminstant III has passed today.
He's been such a standard that I hadn't named him until this posting.
So, do the anems of a pom pom find a place to secure and grow, or do they just pass away because they're so bloody lazy?
Is it an 'Oh &*^^%! I got to get out and work now, find some rock, do some filterin', earn my keep!
Or is it more a "Oh man, the Xbox is broken and I don't have money for pizza" situation?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Just realized I posted this in the wrong area. Some of us were chatting about some new vendors and I never left the forum.
CAn we move this somewhere where it belongs (I may have the power to do that but have no idea how).

And, no signs of the anems after a thorough search of the tank, will lkeep an eye out though over next few weeks.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
HA! IT lives! In the year its been in the tank I assumed they did not grow.
The anems were getting huge, but the pompom stayed the same.
Its now about 20% larger (big size jump), managed to see it last night, but no Anems in claws.
Wondering if, knowing it was molting, it stored the anems somewhere.
As these anems are specific to pom-poms I'm curious as per whats going to happen.
Will keep informed.