• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diving in Cozumel, Mexico

Just got back getting PADI certified in Cozumel. Awesome....highly recommend it...great walls, turtles, really large queen angels, rays,royal grammas, butterflys, and lots more!

Also went diving in the big island recently...also great! eels,schools of yellow and other tangs, parrots, turtles,baracudas,trumpets, triggers and more.

I don't know about you guys but diving is the ultimate relaxation hobby!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We went out diving at the end of last year as a group, it was a lot of fun. It was only in the Belmar boat basin, but it was still a great time. We'll be going again this year. Keep your eye out when the weather gets warmer!

flamehawk said:
Just got back getting PADI certified in Cozumel. Awesome....highly recommend it...great walls, turtles, really large queen angels, rays,royal grammas, butterflys, and lots more!

Also went diving in the big island recently...also great! eels,schools of yellow and other tangs, parrots, turtles,baracudas,trumpets, triggers and more.

I don't know about you guys but diving is the ultimate relaxation hobby!

The Big Island as in Hawaii?

I got my PADI certificate there as well (couple of years ago). Really nice place. It has the strongest current I have ever seen, though. It is really cool to "hover" motionless in water and let the current race you across the sand. However, it becomes the problem, when you try the photography. There was one cool rock/coral where I dived with at least 5-6" moray eel wrapped in it. Really scary when you try to take close pics of it when the current is pushing you so strong towards its huge open jaws :)