• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

DIY NOPOX Recipe Revealed

horseplay

NJRC Member
Well I forgot about how to do this so started with about 3ml/25gal. Have about 0.2ppm of PO4 and the nitrate is pretty high.

@redfishbluefish Do you use a special tubing to dose the vodka/vinegar cocktail? I have the semi-rigid tubing came with the pump. Would be nice to have it setup.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well I forgot about how to do this so started with about 3ml/25gal. Have about 0.2ppm of PO4 and the nitrate is pretty high.

@redfishbluefish Do you use a special tubing to dose the vodka/vinegar cocktail? I have the semi-rigid tubing came with the pump. Would be nice to have it setup.

Never concerned about the delivery tubing....either a polyethylene, silicone, PCV, polyurethane, fluoropolymers, etc., which can easily handle ethanol and acetic acid. I was more concerned about the peristaltic pump tubing. I found out that this tubing was Santoprene tubing, which is about the most chemically resistant tubing you can find. The pump has been running for a number of years without issue. And being a back-up fanatic, I do have replacement Santoprene tubing if it goes.