• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Don’t bash me too bad…

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
My lfs actually sells mollies from time to time that are already acclimated I’ll have to keep my eye out for them will the eat long hair algae?
i had mollies on a small frag tank and they dont do a good job. I would get a foxface they eat a lot of different algae. I would also add some urchins

Salted

NJRC Member
So many different results from one to another of us. The cliff notes as this was too long a saga for you guys to read. My gha battle started while battling bubble algae. I'd exhausted other methods and went with Vibrant. While the vibrant eventually totally eradicated the bubble algae my gha problem started as the ba died off (yes, I was doing water changes to remove die off nutrients). I had the opposite experience of @Yates273 . The gha started in, and was thriving in a tank that was being treated with vibrant. This was a real head scratcher for me and the subject of many conversations with @DYIguy. Peroxide dosing did nothing either. It did kill it off of rocks I was able to remove and scrub with full strength peroxide but it strips them clean and doing the entire tank was just not feasible. After a conversation with another reefing friend and lots of reading I decide to try fluconazole. Once again my results were the complete opposite of Yates. I followed Reef Fluxs' directions and got a textbook experience of it working perfectly. Weeks of nothing then once the die off started is was completely wiped out and hasn't been back. So good luck op, I'm sure you'll eventually come across a solution, but it will take time and patience.