• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Effects of Sporicidin on Reef Tanks

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I plan on getting my house ducts cleaned and possibly sanitized with Sporicidin. Does anyone know if this has any ill effects on Reef Tank inhabitants? Has anyone had this done in their home with adverse effects on their tank inhabitants?

Thanks,

Dan

You do not want this airborne and entering you tank. I would say that while the work is being done, turn off, pumps , skimmers, etc. Cover tank with plastic to prevent any airborne particles from entering the tank. When the work is done, open windows and ventilate the house, or room where tank is. Then cover the plastic with another plastic cover and remove. Sporicidin WILL kill your reef inhabitants.

I believe you could still get the ducts clean - just ask them not to use the disinfectant.

I dunno - our cleaners used Envirocon disinfectant...but this was when we first moved in (nothing set up).