• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Elephant skin coral from ILC meeting raffle

I won the elephant skin coral at the meeting yesterday and know absolutely nothing about it! I searched the interenet and most of the elephant skin pics I found were of plating type corals. Who donated this and do you know anything about it? What does the colony look like and what should it look like when it is healthy (are there visible polyps?) Please just give me some help understanding this new creature and its care.

Thanks

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I'm not mistaken, I think that is one of the corals that the club offered. I'm sure Phyl will chime in and hopefully she can give you some direction on it's care or at least lead you in the right direction.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Its name sound like pack-a-sirius
I have a med. colony that's doing quite well at mid way (15") down in moderate flow.  When it's real happy, it gets a greenish tint.

11-25-05036.jpg

Thanks for the help guys, I guess it looks pretty happy in my tank. I will have to find a good spot for it where it will thrive