• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Emarald Crabs Dying

I have gone through 6 emerald crabs in the last 6 weeks. Any idea what could be causing this? I purchased from 2 diffrent Petcos in the area. All other tank inhabitants are doing fine.

i was going to guess a mantis shrimp but based on your tank inhabitants you must have had this tank for a while...and a mantis shrimp isn't something that escapes attention easily. What other inverts do you have?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
check for stray voltage, had a heater that had issues once, my emerald crabs were the first to show signs of being lethargic and eventually dying.

I noticed my emeralds paling then I started feeding strands of chaeto. Are it like a piece of spaghetti and color came back to green. Maybe not enough algae?

Inverts are hard to keep when they eat all the food. In my nano had emerald crab, sand sifting star, hermits, zebra snail last a little while than eventually die.