• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Feeding New Anthias

I bought 5 beautiful Lyretail Anthias this past weekend at Tropiquarium. They are all eating. I have been feeding them mysis shrimp. If I want to feed them twice a day, how much should I give them. Is one cube split in half two times a day OK?

Thanks,
Ken

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
IMO I don't think that would be enough for all five of them.

I feed mine once a day, sometimes I skip a day. But they eat like pigs. That's why I think that 1/2 a cube wouldn't be enough for them.

Depends on how big they are for one. It is much better to feed multiple small amounts then one large amount. In the wild, fish graze all day long. They do not stuff their mouths then surf the currents all day. Just watch how they feed.

Do they finish all their food in less then a minute? If they finish in say 30 seconds, feed a little more. You want them to eat for around a minute. If it takes them 2 minutes to eat, feed a little less. Feed 2 times a day like this and the fish will be happy and healthy.