• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Flame Angel being harrassed

Hello all !

Just added a flame angel to my tank and it got chased so bad in 45 min that it basically tried to kill itself. It jumped right out of my tank.

It seems like my two clowns and the 6 line wrasse have formed a gang to kill it. I also added a yellow watchman goby at the same time. This guy constantly circles the top of my tank and has yet to go near the sand or any rock. The other fish barely acknowledge his existence.

The flame has been sumped till I can figure out something. Any tips? I'm thinking of sumping the 6 line and see if aggression drops.

Any tips at all will be greatly welcomed.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I placed two small vanity mirrors on each side of the tank then added my fish. The mirrors distract from the new fish to some extent. Good luck.

I second the motion on the 6-line wrasse. Mine killed a tiny picasso clown from a new pair I introduced. Then he started chasing my newly introduced lyretail anthias until they grew some fishballs and started chasing him back.

Update

So I took out the clowns and the wrasse. Put the flame in the main tank and left the yellow tang there (the tang never chased the angel).

I moved rock/corals around.

Waited 48 hours and put the clowns back in. There was some chasing but it stopped pretty quick. The clowns keep to their corner where the hammers are and the angel is staying towards the other end. This was done this morning, and everything has been great since.

Only issue is the wrasse is a huge aggressor towards the angel and he's gotta go. I'm going to make a thread to see if anyone wants him, maybe someone will be willing to trade me a frag for it?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk