• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

For Sale Brand new (still factory wrapped) custom acrylic fish tank

I had this tank custom made and delivered to my home and never set it up due to bills and stuff. I hate to have to part with it, but Im going to have to wait, and maybe try again in a year or so. Anyway the tank is

Large Acrylic (3/4") tank 72 x 30x 36 Tall, black back with top access acrylic cover lids

2 back overflows (drains and Returns) on back panel. All predrilled and bulkheads with cover lids

Oak stand 72x 30 x 30 Tall & Oak Canopy (ebony stain finish) (Oak stand is built around reinforced steel stand).

As i said before the tank was never set up and is brand new. The stand and tank are both still on their shipping crates. Tank is still factory wrapped, never opened.

This tank is pretty much my dream tank. Im asking $4,000. I live in North Jersey and buyer will be responsible to pick it up.

If anyone is interested you can email me Jtravapd@aol.com

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 47
  • resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 46
To say that i am not a "motivated seller" would be a understatement. lol. The truth is, like a typical single bachelor dumb ***, i bought the tank, had it deliverd then bought the truck that you can kind of see in the back round. The tank is 30 inch wide, my doors are about 29 1/2 inch wide. so getting it inside is going to be tough (but can be done) I also live on the first floor and the tank would be situated correctly across several support beams , as well as the actual foundation wall would be right underneath. however i think im going to renforce the floor. Not really a tough task, but i would have to remove the basement ceiling which is going to be a pain in the butt. So the tank has sat, unopened. Basically If someone buys it, then thats fine, but if i get around to doing the floor and still have it around christmas bonus time. The tank will remain mine. lol . That gives me a couple of months to sell it.

I have had many tanks..my last one was a 180 gallon reef tank which was amazing. This is my dream tank as far as dimensions go. The viewing window on it is absolutely amazing due to the height of the tank and stand. Im 6'1 and when you look at it and its eye level, its insane. If i keep it , its going to be salt water fish only, unless LED lighting becomes so powerful and reliable that i could add coral. But because of the depth of this tank, it would have to be LEDS only that would make any sense. On my 180 gallon i had 2 250 watt halides and the bills were insane. I don't even think there are lights for home use that would reach down 36inches. lol. I have a small nano tank with LEDS and anemones that looks amazing.

see what i mean, in the 5 minutes writing here i already have talked myself into buying a lighting fixture for this tank that doesn't even exist yet. lol Well if anyone has any offers shoot me an email. Its an amazing set up. Would even be great for a business if you have one.

jtravapd,

You should Consider getting in on the ESHINE Group Buy. The 48X3w with 90 degree optics will MORE than punch through those 36" and probably burn corals on the bottom at full power. For that tank you would need 3 of them parallel to the front of the tank with 4 80w T5's on either sides of the unit for a full spectrum lighting capable of supporting Clams on the sand bed.

I have XPE 3w running with optics... Burning corals might be a stretch... But they can certainly punch through water. My tank is 31" deep, my lights are about 12" above water, and I'm getting good results so far (new tank, so I'll hold back a bit). One coral story... I won a frag of birds nest at the march meeting, and it has turned to the brightest pink I've seen in a tank. It's happy. I thought it was bleaching at first.