• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free Clarkii Clownfish

I have a Clarkii Clownfish that I need to rehome because he's aggressive around other fish when they're near his anemones.

If you're looking for an clownfish that's guaranteed to host anemones he's your guy.

I'd suggest having an anemone that's at least 5-6 inches as if it's smaller he'll stress the anemone and it'll possibly die.

Pickup over this weekend would be great.

Thanks

FB_IMG_1692373575723.jpg

I love my clarkiis. They may not be 'normal' as the occallaris clown..but I agree..guarenteed to host an anemone. I still have my two occallaris hiding in a corner after three years...but my clarkiis are hosting and dropping eggs on a regular basis.

I love my clarkiis. They may not be 'normal' as the occallaris clown..but I agree..guarenteed to host an anemone. I still have my two occallaris hiding in a corner after three years...but my clarkiis are hosting and dropping eggs on a regular basis.
Super pretty but can be major league jerks.

mine have actually been relatively model citizens. The only ones they are jerks to are my occallaris clowns that the clarkiis insist sit in the corner. The come out even a few inches and they get pushed right back to the corner. i dont think i will ever have a reef tank without clarkiis
Out of curiosity - what size is your tank?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
mine have actually been relatively model citizens. The only ones they are jerks to are my occallaris clowns that the clarkiis insist sit in the corner. The come out even a few inches and they get pushed right back to the corner. i dont think i will ever have a reef tank without clarkiis
Agree. Mine small jerk always bit me but he very large female Clarkii doesn't bother me when hand is in tank.