• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

free rock with pistol shrimp

So I have a chunk of live rock that didn't make it into my display tank, and that has been hanging out in a holding tank under low light for a month or two now.

Inside that rock is a brown pistol shrimp. I don't know the species, because I've only gotten a few quick looks at it, but it is not one of the species I recognize as pairing with gobies or digging tunnels.

I want to break down the holding tank and don't really want the rock or shrimp in my display. I'd keep it as a sump monster, but I have no sump.

No pics of the shrimp, but this is the rock:
PB082589-1.jpg

The pieces I broke off and put under LEDs have gotten some very nice multicolored coraline growth, lots of tunicates and some sponges. I would guess what's left is about 5 inches long and 4 inches at it's highest point.

So, does anyone want it? I will not be at the fragswap, so we would need to arrange pick up for another day. I'm in 07016. If someone wants the shrimp, but not the rock, I would be willing to try and catch him for you.

Last edited: