• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free serpent sea star (p'burg / flemington)

Just like this picture:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358381088.421100.jpg

I have a suspicion this starfish has been the culprit of 2 fish disappearing. So if anyone wants him they can have him. I'm in Milford (08848), its probably out of the way for most. Just pm me.

Thanks

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have two of these in my 90 and they have been good citizens, may i ask which fish disappeared? I know the green serpent starfish are known to hunt fish but that doesn't look like the green variety.

A few months back it was a yellow watchman goby. Then recently I got this little Pygmy angel that was only about an 1". The angel was fine and grazing about for 2 days, then just vanished. Checked around the tank in case he jumped but nothing. No carcass remaining that hermits were working on either.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
the starfish will eat the remains of any fish that died, they are nocturnal scavengers. the starfish could of gone rogue, definitely a possibility. any other potential stress inducing fish or animals in your tank?

It's a 30 gallon tank that's been set up about 7 months now. Only fish are a clownfish and orchid dotty back. No aggression at all in tank, in fact it's almost weird that the two fish swim together all the time. These two fish have been in there before the YWG or the new Pygmy angel. There's also a cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, bunch of blue leg hermits that have all been in there together for a couple months. Nothing new that I can think of too stress things out