• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

free used sand - around 30 lb - 08857 old bridge

Free used sand in old bridge NJ 08857. Around 30lb. You'll need to rinse it out. You can slowly add to your current tank, i mean very slow with caution. I have done this twice and my tank never crash.

Id rinse very good withfresh saltwater. I've done this many times and it works good. You can preserve some present bacteria by washing with saltwater vs killing all washing with tap water.

killab443 said:
Id rinse very good withfresh saltwater. I've done this many times and it works good. You can preserve some present bacteria by washing with saltwater vs killing all washing with tap water.

I took out the sand several days ago, so the sand needs to re cycle again.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Put the sand in a bucket, add some saltwater and move it around with your hands. The water will become dark brown/black, dump out the water and repeat until you don't see anything really dark coming out (you will always see some color due to the sand being agitated). You can do it all at once or in pieces. That is how we did it.