• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS Pair of Leopards Wrasses, thriving and eating well and very active

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are tank raised, a large male about 4.5" and a juvenile female about 2", they are eating frozen mysis and small pellets.
From what I understand tough to find a healthy pair like this, looking for $150 for the pair.
Pickup near Atlantic City, the photos say it all, you must have a nice sandbed for these wrassed, as they dive in
and you can not see them at all in the tank, until they come out again swimming and looking for food.
They also like copepods, I have Tisbe ReefPods in my tank.
Check out the photos, very active, so may be a bit blurry.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 76
I know shipwrecked, still tossing and turning over this one, so if someone wants them come get them before I change my mind and put them into a tank, that I can't catch them in....hah.
But my new lg reef cube is not set up yet, if so, would definately keep them.

howze01

NJRC Member
Wish I wasn't going through a terrible ich or velevet outbreak right now. That's a beautiful pair you have there!

Here are two more photos, truer in color representation, especailly on the large male, with head sticking out of the sand, and juvenile swimming about earlier than usual.

Attachments

• maleleopardinsandhead.jpg
    maleleopardinsandhead.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 2leopards-swimming-insand.jpg
    2leopards-swimming-insand.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 46
Let me know Glutt, a few local inquires, but no one has stepped up to the plate yet, and yes in the wild, they say one male, and several females, must be a gorgeous sight, I had a second female juvenile with them, a tad larger than the one I have left and sold it over the weekend, initially they were a trio. The three got along fine of course.
When seen in person, a whole new ball game, gorgeous wrasses, how large is the one you have now, how long have you had, and what is it eating, and how well? And it does say in all caps in your Avitar.....'NEED MOAR WRASSES!!!" Funny, is that typo on purpose, lol.

Just found out, after some research, seems a bit tough to get a male leopard wrasse, most have only the females, so someone should jump on this pair, before I change my mind, I would sell singly possibly also, before I decide to keep this gorgeous piggy pair.
As mentioned currently eating 3 times daily, and not subtlely like mandarins, but very aggressive feeders, a rarity from what I have been hearing, come and get them!

Holiday weekend bump, this pair loves frozen mysis and any pellets, totally pigs....although they are really fish, come get them, before I keep them for a new reef build.

Still have this pair, here is another photo, male is very large 4.5"+, female is a junvenile, about 2.5-3", and this pair is very piggish, when ever you want to feed them, and fast eaters, not to worry about other aggressive feeders in tank, they will definately hold their own. I was asking for $150 for the pair, but make me an offer.

Attachments

• leopardwrassepair.jpg
    leopardwrassepair.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.