• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GB Live Rock

I'm ordering a couple of 500lbs orders of rock in 2 weeks time. 500 and then another 500 the next week. I'm getting really premium rock and will pick it up directly at the airport because of the weight. It is pulled from the gulf and shipped in water so it's about the best rock you can get. Very, very little die off.

If anyone is interested in picking some up but doesn't want to order a minimum 100 lbs let me know and you can piggy back on my order. If you want to stop by and see the first batch I get in (Bordentown) you are welcome to do so and then decide for yourself if you want to order it. I'll also know the exact price per pound including shipping after the first order. Depending on how much I've aquascaped or the type/size pieces you're looking for I might even let some people pick from my first order.

Carlo

PS the rock http://tampabaysaltwater.com/index.html I'm ordering.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm curious to see pics of everyone's Live Rock from the group buy. I unfortunately missed out on it and would love to see what I missed!!

I will get in on this depending when the next order is. The tank I need it for is not yet setup so I am not sure if it will be ready for it just yet.

I myself wasn't talking about any official group buy. I will just happen to be making a couple of big orders for my new tanks and thought I'd offer the opportunity to other people to tag along on the order.

Carlo

What

nobody has pics or has put their grag bag L/R in the tanks yet? I rememeber seeing one person, and Matt said he is using his, is that all?

edwin

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ours is still curing. I have no idea if it's ready yet or not. We're not in a rush to get it in the tank so we've been kind of dragging our feet. When we do go with it, we'll probably wind up doing a ton of reaquascaping and that just never any fun!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our box of rock didn't make the order for whatever reason so we took a mix of everything. Sorta hodge podge. Honestly? I have NO idea what any of it is! Some nice looking pieces though. One of these days I'll have to scrape the debris off of it and get it ready to go in the tank! :)

oh cool Phyl

you got the best, you get to taste all the flavors. Cool. Can't want to see what your tank will look like once you get that rock in it. Is it going into a new tank?

edwin

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nope. As John mentioned, we're re-scaping the 120 (and probably the 65 too). Definitely dreading the move to the new rock almost as much as I'm excited by it.

Hey

at least you have help, I'll be doing mines alone, really I prefer it that way, lol. My wife isn't about to touch anything in or from that tank, lol. If I had the loot, I would just go buy a 125 or 160 and stand, and start a new tank. But, my wife has me on a budget, and I took all her plastic, lol, well I left her one to get gas with. We are trying to buy a house, got to watch the money flow. So, no new tank till she gets a new house. In the meantime, I'll just re-scape my current tank, add some more coral, get rid of some hoodlums Damsels and a active shrimp, and get my angels, and start anew. Post pics of you cleaning the rock, could be good for others to reference, namely ME, LOL.

edwin

Edwin,

Haven't done much with it yet. Like John, I haven't been in a rush to get it in 'production.' Last weekend I did a major water change. Just tested and the water and the levels all look good.

I haven't seen any major life (yet) exept that there is a patch of coral that looks promising. Most of it was broken off before shipping. I just hope there's enough life left in it to make a comeback.

I'll post some pictures when there's something interesting to show.

Ken.