• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gettin re-aquainted with my D70

Keep in mind, this is the stock lens, no super-dy-dooper-dy macro lens here.  (yet..  :eek:  )

zoa2.jpg

mushroom.jpg

A little better.  Definitely a huge color difference between my two monitors.  Looks like its time to recalibrate.  (I run 2 different monitors on my main system)

mushroom3.jpg

Sometimes. Depends on what I'm doing. Never really had the need to do anything macro before. This is a first. Usually I have a pretty small number of settings I use if I'm doing portrait work. (which I am by no means an expert at either, I get lucky alot). Generally with portrait work, especially indoor lighted sets, once you get a good read and a setting that works, you lock it in and don't change it often.

I do have a tri-pod.

Suggestions are welcome. Especially if you have particular familiarity with this unit. It's my first Nikon. I've been a Canon guy for years.

Random tangent thought.... I can't find my white balance card.... Note to self: Never loan out your rig to anyone... :(

with that lense i would try to get a lot of the picture & then just crop
what u want, i use the tripod & the remote to take close up's it helps
a lot, try setting the white balance to something white near the tank
thats what i did :)

Thanks Steve. Been fiddling with my live rock this afternoon, but I plan on playing with the camera some more this evening.

I hear that you have the sigma macro lens. How do you like it? I've used Tamron and sigma lenses before on my canons, but never a macro.

There's a camera consignment/used equipment shop not far from here. I'm thinking of stopping in there and seeing what they have used. Even if it's manual as long as it will mount to my rig and function, I'm more interested in saving a few bucks until I figure out exactly what I want.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Too bad you're not going to be at the meeting. There will be enough lenses there to try just about anything you could want to try before you buy it! Between the 105 & the 60, I think the only thing missing is the 200!

LOL Yeah, definitely sounds like it. Nothing beats hands on instruction either!

*sigh* Maybe the next south meeting I will be able to swing. Saturdays are tougher than Sundays.