• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

glass anenomes near coral how do I kill

BOILING WATER! And a turkey baster.. If you want you can even boil some water from your tank and use that. Turn off your filters so the hot water doesn't hit your coral. IMO, it works as well as kalk paste and is safer. A syringe would be ideal but a baster will work.

There are a few other ways..
I've been directing some heavy flow onto the anenome so that it irratates it and then it loosen it foot and starts to move then a grab a pair of tweezers and grad it by it foot and remove it...
Or you could use lemon juice in a syringe and inject it into its mouth....

tbone212371 said:
There are a few other ways..
I've been directing some heavy flow onto the anenome so that it irratates it and then it loosen it foot and starts to move then a grab a pair of tweezers and grad it by it foot and remove it...
Or you could use lemon juice in a syringe and inject it into its mouth....

I still have a few that I need to relocate (grin) and I was curious how much lemon juice you really need? Just a small burst? Are there any harmfull effects to the surrounding inhabitants?

From what I read just a small amount in a syringe.
It is organic but I would try not to hit any corals with it just into the mouth of the pest.