• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Good And Bad News...

Well I'll start with the bad news... I lost the last two fish in my FW tank today... (I was just watching them last night they looked very healthy...) The good news is it was planed to be my first SW tank so i might try and make it a SW tank now (5g?) i was thinking of making it a mantis tank since I've always like those guys.

Sorry about the fish, here's my bad news, one of my halide bulbs bit the dust :mad: I gotta now fork over an additional $160 to replace 2 :mad:

thanks, i'm not that sad i never really was into the freshwater but my mom made me prove i would take care of them before i could get SW. That sucks how old were the bulbs

lol when you add up that way but i've had those fish for 3 years (only suposted to be 6 months) and over the this fall my mom said i could set up a SW tank understand now?

sinkingbeach said:
Sorry about the fish, here's my bad news, one of my halide bulbs bit the dust :mad: I gotta now fork over an additional $160 to replace 2 :mad:

This is always a pain, but how old were the bulbs anyway? Some manufacturers will give you a replacement bulb if it fails in the first year. I prefer to change my MHs after about 18 months, and I keep the old bulbs for spares, just in case.