• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gorgonia ID

eholceker

NJRC Member
Anyone ever see one of these? I am trying to find out what the scientific name is? Borneman and Mike Janes couldn't give a definite ID.

Attachments

• 1119061450.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 123

eholceker

NJRC Member
ive only seen this thing once every few years. no body knows the name. it is only called a yellow photsynthetic gorgonian, which some how I doubt. All I know it is the only thing that my butterflys will not eat. one took a little nip at one of the polyps and started to convulse for like 20 seconds. ;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
eholceker said:
if anyone is interested in the whole thing let me know. I am willing to get rid of it for cash or sps frags.

Re: Gorgonia ID
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 07:46:37 PM » Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
Quote from: eholceker on February 05, 2007, 07:42:25 PM
im actually looking to trade the whole thing for some sps.

Would you consider trading for cash to buy SPS with?

Definitely still interested.

Coral magazine had a feature on Gorgonians, I think in the Nov/Dec. '06 issue. I remember seeing pictures of a species that looked like that. I can check for the name. I'm pretty sure it was non-photosynthetic.