• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Green hair algae

I just want to say great site with great info. :) I have a another newbie question for you great reefers ;) What's best for controlling green hair algae? I have 20 turbos, 10 blue, 2 scarlet hermit crabs for my 72gallon tank. I'm doing 15% water change and I've stopped overfeeding my fish since my red algae attack:-X I was thinking lawnmower Blennie, kole tang or seahare. I heard seahare realease toxin :-\

Get to the source of your problem and reduce phosphates in the tank. If you have hair algae growing then you have way too much phosphates in the system. Reduce those and problematic algaes will be gone.

Carlo

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Carlo said:
Get to the source of your problem and reduce phosphates in the tank. If you have hair algae growing then you have way too much phosphates in the system. Reduce those and problematic algaes will be gone.

Carlo

That's the ticket! And pull out as much as you can by hand, if you have some time.

Or don't...let her grow till she runs out of food.

IMG_2956.jpg

Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia!

If nothing else, it keeps the water clear. ;)

Once again great info, Thanks. I don't have that much hair algae :eek: I just want to control it before it gets that bad :) I'll go and pick them up. Thanks again