• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hair Algea?

I have this algea growing on the side of this Cap and in a few other spots. I put an emerald crab in the tank, but it doesn't seem to go near it. Neither do the tangs. Is this hair algea? What can I do about it?

Thanks

yes it's hair algae. They won't touch it because it's to long. Try ripping it out with yoyr fingers or some tweezers. when it is shorter they may go after it.

Jcurry@wesketch said:
yes it's hair algae. They won't touch it because it's to long. Try ripping it out with yoyr fingers or some tweezers. when it is shorter they may go after it.

Either that, or they don't like that perticular species of hair algae, or they have some other tastier source of food, or, what I have observed in my tang, they do not like to pick it from growing corals.

OR....... I found they will not go for it if they are not hungry! try not feeding them a day or so and see what happens. Tangs will graze but if they do not have to they will not eat it.