• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help Moving a Tank

I just ordered a new 215 from Will at AO. I am going to pick it up next Wednesday the 26th. I have two friends that are coming with me. I am a little apprehensive because I need to move the tank into the basement and the doorway to the basement is narrow so I am going to have to stand the tank up. I plan on using a handtruck and then sliding the the tank down the stairs since the stairs are carpeted. If anyone has moved a tank that big before and is willing to give me a hand I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone has any suggestions. I am just paranoid.

Thanks,
Anthony

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Shoot, I'd come and help out but I'm going to have family in town.

One suggestion is to use dollies if you can find some (or build some). We used Sam's for plenty of tank moves and they REALLY help out. Not necessarily on the stairs, but definitely everywhere else.

Sorry again, I really wish I could help out.

I helped with that exact same thing. Pete had a 215 going down the stairs and we set it on its side and took it down that way.

What time are you planning on doing this? The day after x-mass I can't garantee anything but I can try my best to be there.

Thanks John, I know that is a tough day, but it was either that or New Years Eve. I will try to get a dolly, that is a good idea.

Sam - I have to find out from Will what time the tank is going to be delivered, then I will figure out what time I am going to pick it up. I will let you know. Thanks

Ant,

I'm pretty sure you're local. I have a break from 2-5 that day. So if that's the time then I can be at A.O. When the date gets closer and we have more details then I let you know if I can be there as well.

-Mike.

John and Sam are you guys free anytime next week after the 26th. I can always leave the tank in my garage for the time being. I really would prefer to do this with experienced people. I am free all week so let me know. Mike if you are available also that would be great.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I should be around during the weekend. I'm going to try to help Ed with his move. If the timing works out, maybe we can get them both done on the same day.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey, what ever happened to moving the tank? Did you get it home?

Yes I had 3 friends help me, everything went perfect. Once I get the rest of what I need to set it up I will post my progress. All I have now is my skimmer and calcium reactor.