• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help Sandstorm !!!!

Well I did it this time. I added a used CPR aquafuge to my 72gal bowfront. I had it running with just some liverock. someone sugessted a deep sand bed so i bought some live sand and added about 4 inches to the hang on back fuge. Well like a jackass i turned it on and i now have a whiteout. What do i do? Contiue to run pumps and power heads? Will this harm the fish or corals? any suggestions?

I guess you bought a fine sand grade, well it will eventually settle. I don’t think anything detrimental will happen. You will want to blow the sand off the rocks when everything returns to normal.

take it all out and go BB in the hob fuge.

Such a small size is not goign to provide any nitrate reduction - and will be a trap for detritus.

That's my opinion. I did the LS in a hob fuge and it just became a cyanobacteria farm. Trust me - don't go there.

Just put chaeto and then once a week flip the chaeto or prune.

I agree, let the sand settle. I would check your pumps too. I don't think that the sand is good for the pumps. Possible damage. Daily or every other day checking to ensure that the pumps is not clogged with debries is a good idea.

malulu

NJRC Member
adesimone1 said:
Make sure you get the sand off of any coral it will burn them up.

i think this is too LATE to blow the sand off... ???
cause chuck post this thread 2 months ago... ;D