• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help with an ID

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Does it seem to want to plate or spire? Do you have (or have you seen) the colony?

I think plate.  I've only had it for about one month.  It was a poorly fragged piece that I bought from Tropiquarium that I fragged myself into three pieces.  They thought it was nana but weren't sure.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Plating? Like maybe an efflo? I know they had a few, but you'd think they'd know what they were when they fragged it.

Spiring would be a tri color, valida, nana...

Hard for me to guess without seeing the colony. You might get better guesses from the SPS forum on RC.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How about you bring one to the meeting and I'll grow it out in my tank and try to make an id when it grows up? ;D

For easy viewing:

normal_IMGP2246a.jpg

C

concept3

It looks like a valida or nana. They form a decent base before they start shooting upwards. Nice colors on the corals by the way! Love the pics.

Thanks guys.  After comparing it to pictures on the internet, I’m pretty sure it’s valida.

Phyllis – A customer traded it to Tropiquarium - the guys a Trop didn’t frag it themselves and it looked nothing like it looks now.

Rich – The smaller frag to the right is from the same piece.  Interested? 

Greg

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes Greg, I'm intrested.
Eric, I'll snap you a piece when mine grows up.

OK Rich,
It's in good hands. I'll take you up on that offer.
By the way, I'm not 100% I will be at the meeting, but should find out tonight. If I am coming, I would be interested in a few of your frags, but I'm not sure what is left. I'll wait until you update, but I would be interested in a a Green Slimer, Pink Milli and a Purple cap.

I'll keep an eye out for your update, and post on the trade thread.

Thanks
Eric