• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hey bird people. Anyone want....?

OK, so get the dreams of a free hand raised Moluccan Cockatoo out of your heads!

I have a 20 year old male cockatiel and an older male blue parakeet that could use some extra attention.

They weren't mine, but have become mine and I can't give them the time or space they deserve.

Free to a good home.

We are his second family, so I'm not sure. Probably about 9 or 10.

He is not hand trained, but I think he could be.

I had a Cockatiel for about 15 years - what a great bird... his wings weren't clipped. He would fly to me and land on my shoulder and give me kisses etc. I really miss him!

That being said - i think my wife would kill me if we adopted another pet.

Eric

Hey, I talked to my wife, she wants to take your male parakeet. We have a female 4-5 year old. I guess they should be ok?

blange3 said:
We are his second family, so I'm not sure. Probably about 9 or 10.

He is not hand trained, but I think he could be.

volk23 said:
Hey, I talked to my wife, she wants to take your male parakeet. We have a female 4-5 year old. I guess they should be ok?

That would OK, he lived with 2 ladies for a lot of years.

Where do you live?

ebqwert said:
I had a Cockatiel for about 15 years - what a great bird... his wings weren't clipped. He would fly to me and land on my shoulder and give me kisses etc. I really miss him!

That being said - i think my wife would kill me if we adopted another pet.

Eric

The cockatiel is hand trained, but can be a little nippy if you aren't confident handling him.

I can clip the wings if anyone would like!

(I'm not commenting on how wives are playing a role on both sides of this potential adoption!)

blange3 said:
volk23 said:

That would OK, he lived with 2 ladies for a lot of years.

Where do you live?

im in east brunswick, and my wife works in Metachen, right by you.

like I said, my wife works in Metachen, she can stop by any day pretty much. Basically tell me the days her or me can stop by and i'll let you know which day works the best.

BTW, would you have some Cheato? could you spear just a little to start my refugium? :)

Hey Uri,

I halimeda and caulepera, but no cheato. You are certainly welcome to those.

I can be home between 6:00 and 7:00 tomorrow, if that will work for you.

LMK